Selling Your Property in Stevenage: 4 top tips from Geoffrey Matthew
If you’re thinking of selling your property in Stevenage, there are some factors you need to consider to get the best price possible and to ensure it sells quickly and painlessly so you can move on with your life. That’s why we asked Geoff Matthew, Managing Director of Geoffrey Matthew Estate Agents, for his top tips on what makes selling properties in Stevenage so easy, and how people can get the most money for their home when selling properties in Stevenage.
1) If you need to sell quickly, list with a local agent
If you’re looking to sell your home quickly, it’s important to list with a local estate agent who knows the market well. Geoffrey Matthew is one of the leading estate agents in Stevenage and has successfully sold properties in the area for years. Here are his top five tips for selling your property quickly:
- Choose the right estate agent—someone who knows the local market and has a good track record of successful sales.
- Set the right price—not too high or too low, but just right for the current market conditions.
- Prepare your home for sale—declutter, deep clean, and make any necessary repairs or improvements.
- Market your home effectively—use good quality photos and write an enticing description to attract buyers.
2) Use our checklist when buying
- Get a feel for the market by speaking to a few estate agents in Stevenage. Geoffrey Matthew will be able to give you an accurate estimate of your property’s value.
- Research recent sales of similar properties in the area to get an idea of what you could realistically expect to achieve.
- Make sure your property is in the best possible condition before putting it on the market—first impressions count!
- Be realistic about your asking price—overpricing will only discourage potential buyers.
- Choose an experienced and reputable estate agent like Geoffrey Matthew, who has a proven track record in selling properties in Stevenage successfully.
3) Packaging could make all the difference
If you’re selling your home in Stevenage, you want to get the best possible price for it. That’s where estate agents come in. They’ll help you package your home in the most appealing way to potential buyers. Here are five top tips from Geoffrey Matthew, leading estate agents in Stevenage.
4) Don’t underestimate curb appeal
The first thing potential buyers will see when they pull up to your home is the outside, so it’s important to make a good impression. If your home’s exterior is looking a little shabby, consider giving it a fresh coat of paint or power washing the siding. Also, make sure your lawn is mowed and that any landscaping is well-maintained. These simple things can go a long way in making your home more appealing to buyers.Back to blog